New Line Cinema's 'Wedding Crashers' Breaks $200 Million Mark
New Line Cinema's 'Wedding Crashers' Breaks $200 Million MarkNew Line Cinema's 'Wedding Crashers' has reached yet another milestone as 2005's most successful comedy and has now passed the $200 million mark at the domestic box office.
Crossing the benchmark is just the latest in an impressive list of accomplishments the film has achieved including:
* It is the #1 comedy of the year, besting its closest competitor ('Hitch') by more than $20 million.
* It is the 2nd highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time (behind 'Beverly Hills Cop').
* It is the 5th highest grossing film of 2005 and one of only five films that has grossed $200 million this year.
* It is one of the year's most profitable films, earning five times its $40 million budget at the domestic box office.
* It accomplished the extremely rare feat of ascending to the top of the box office chart for the first time in its third weekend of release.
* It has remained in the top 10 at the box office for 10 consecutive weeks.
About New Line Cinema Corporation:
Founded almost 40 years ago, New Line Cinema is the most successful independent film company in the world. Its mission is to produce innovative, popular and profitable entertainment in the best creative environment. In addition to the production, marketing and distribution of theatrical motion pictures, the fully-integrated studio has divisions devoted to home entertainment, television, music, theater, merchandising and an international unit. In 2005, New Line partnered with HBO to form Picturehouse, a new theatrical distribution company to release independent films. A pioneer in franchise filmmaking, New Line's Oscar-winning 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy is one of the most successful film franchises in history. New Line is a division of Time Warner, Inc. (TWX).