New 'Pirates of the Caribbean Movie' Sets Sail With 83 Percent of All Ticket Sales on Fandango
Fandango is reporting that "Pirates 3" is currently:
* Selling three times as many tickets as last year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," at the same point in the films' respective sales cycles on Fandango (as of May 22, 11:00 a.m. PT);
* Accounting for 83 percent of all weekly ticket sales on www.fandango.com (as of May 22, 11:00 a.m. PT). In an online poll, Fandango asked "Pirates" moviegoers about their interest in the film. Among the results:
* 75 percent of interested ticket-buyers are female.
* Nearly 50 percent of interested ticket-buyers are under 25.
* 72 percent of respondents list Johnny Depp's performance as Captain Jack Sparrow as the number one reason they are planning to see "At World's End."
* 93 percent say they would not consider buying a ticket to a fourth "Pirates" movie without Johnny Depp in it.
* 85 percent say they are not influenced by critics' reviews when they decide what movies to see during the summer.
* 91 percent said they would like to vacation at one of the filming locations featured in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie.
- United States